originally posted by beakybuzzard18:
The relationship that jumps into my mind at this moment is the relationship I share with my husband. I think there is a huge misconception that is being passed down from generation from generation that leads people to believe that you will meet someone, go out for them, like them, come to love them, and then bam, you are in the perfect relationship. When I say perfect relationship I mean that fairytale fantasy that says that your partner will be able to read your mind, you both will think alike all the time and they will supply you with unlimited happiness. That's horse pucky! There is no relationship that exists where two people don't have to work at it. My husband and I are very different people. I love to read and manage to read 1000 page novels in three days. He reads a page a week. I'm an introvert, he's an extrovert. I'm calm and rational, he's very reactive. And before you say anything about that crap, opposites attract, you can just save it. I love my husband very, very much and if the two of us weren't focused on communicating and making things work between us (me giving 100%, him giving 100%, none of that 50/50 bull)then we wouldn't be married. We are both very stubborn and we love each other enough that we aren't just going to sit on our butts and see where things go. We know what we want, and we are going to work at getting it. We want to be married for the next 50 years: so we are going to talk, I'm going to be more outgoing, he's going to be more rational, I'm going to support his ideas, he's going to help me cope with stress. We aren't changing ourselves, we're just adjusting to what the other needs, getting out of our comfort zones so to speak.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment